4/19/08

Passion

Passion?
Webster Dictionary
Passion: 1.The sufferings of Christ between the night of the Last Supper and his death. 2. Strong feeling:the emotions as distinguished from reason. 3. Rage Anger 4. Love; also: an object of affection or enthusiasm.
Wow first of all can you believe definition #1...that is incredible!!! And what passion Christ has for us...
So as I read Rhonda's Blog and Leslie's...I thought...I don't know if I can express my passions well enough in writing...but as I have pondered it I feel pressed to try to do just that...Looking at the truth of my life the inner Brandi whom only God truly knows I've searched for my passions and yes I have come up with not trivial answer's but typical...my Husband, my children, my friendships...I also know I truly have a passion for God Him self to stretch through the boundaries in my mind and truly see Him and ALL that He is...and to help inspire others to do the same...
I feel this question of passion should never ever leave us...that God has not posed this question to have one answer or even an end...but...that we will pick up this question daily carry it with us and ask ourselves what am I choosing to be passionate about this day in this moment and where is God in that...
Just by pondering this question I believe I have been living my life more passionately that every moment has had more meaning and purpose...that it's not all about me but God in me and the life that he has chosen for me to live...
So this is how I am approaching this question of passion...In my everyday and never ending...
God help me to have Your passion in this life...the passion to know You deeper and deeper never being satisfied...but to always long to see you and know you more...thank you for showing Your self to me through so many wonderful ladies seeking after the same Passionate God filled life...help us to see what You are teaching us through each other...thank You for being bigger than we could ever imagine!!! I am passionate for You!!! Without You all I am is nothing...

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

What I love even more about that definition is that Webster actually listed that as the #1 answer and not the #4 answer. And you are soooo right that we have to choose, moment by moment, to be passionate about what God is passionate about.