4/28/08

It's happening again...

I'm going through another one of those times...you know when I can't stand being hundreds of miles away from everyone I left going on 3 years ago wow 3 years...I hope she doesn't mind me mentioning this...but...my Best friend is going through a terrible time at the moment...her grandmothers health is failing and it is not looking well...these are such hard times to walk through and my friend is sounding so brave and strong but I know her heart is breaking...I wish I could take her to coffee to get her out of the house, talk about all the wonderful memories of her grandmother and cry with her at how unfair life feels at times like this...I wish I could make her laugh with one of our crazy memories of a friendship that has walked through many"O MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE STILL ALIVE" moments...or just sit together in comfortable silence just feeling better because we are together...I miss you Leslie...I wish I could stand next to you through this time...I love you...

1 comment:

The Woolcocks said...

This may sound strange but I am so encouraged by your comments. It's now been a year since we've moved and there are still times when I truly long to be near our family and friends. Since I have no doubt this is where God wants us for now, I keep thinking I should feel more settled than I do at times. It's nice to know these feelings are "normal." Thank you for your uplifting words.
As I was studying Nehemiah 6 this morning I realized God says, "party it up." Okay, my words, not His. But, I read it as, celebrate the Lord. Stop focusing on what I haven't done or can't do, and focus on He has done. He is worthy of celebration. Thank you, my great God, for all you have done, a list too long to write.
By the way, I hope you don't mind that I am one of your blog stalkers. I truly enjoy reading your blog.