8/22/08

Coffee Talk Chit-chat Captivating Ch. 10

Ch. 10 Mothers, Daughters, Sisters

Pg. 181
Friendship is a great gift. One to be prayed for and not taken for granted. When God gives a friend, he is entrusting us with the care of an other's heart. Friendships need to be nurtured and guarded and fought for.

The subject of friendships always seem to feel like strange territory for me and I'm not sure why...don't get me wrong...I LOVE my friends very much...even as I sit here pondering how to put my feelings into words I'm having a difficult time...I think I have trust issues for one thing...I think there is a lot about my self that I never want to share with anyone...I think I know that people will fail me and I will fail them and that makes it difficult...loyalty is very important to me and sometimes it's hard for me to forgive if loyalty has been compromised even a little...and it's never forgotten in my mind...I know that's wrong but even as I write that in my head I'm thinking it may be wrong but it's smart...I don't know...I'm still working on this one for sure...
Help me Lord...amen

No comments: