8/18/08

The Next Mountain to Climb

Philippians 2:5
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Life Application:
Jesus Christ was humble, willing to give up HIS RIGHTS in order to obey God and serve People. Like Christ, we should have a servant's attitude, serving out of Love for God and for others. Remember, you can choose your attitude. You can approach life expecting to be served, or you can look for opportunities to serve others.

I spend A LOT of time fighting for my rights...outwardly and inwardly...God brought this up to me last month in a study our life group was doing on Philippians...and of course I heard it in the moment and moved on as if I never heard it at all...thankfully God doesn't give up on the things we need to learn...Isn't it soooo easy to fight for our rights...the hard part is giving up our rights to serve others...and I'm not talking about Africa, the homeless, the sick...man for me that's easy... I'm talking about...the people in my life that do me wrong or want more out of me than I want to give or should have to give...God has been telling me to let it go...look beyond what is in front of you...do what I have called you to do and let Me handle the rest...I see you...I see what is happening...I am in control...You don't see the Masterpiece I'm creating and I know you don't understand...but...you don't have to...and that is all that should be important to me is what God has called me to do and let Him take care of the rest...I may not get this down until Jesus comes...but...that doesn't matter either...I know this for sure...God has begun to change my heart...my actions are a reflection of my heart...and the more my heart transforms into Gods heart...the better I will become through Him alone...I can't do it on my own...and He doesn't expect me to...and thankfully He isn't fighting for His rights...not on the cross...not in His mercy...not in His grace...not in His forgiveness...thank You Lord...

No comments: