8/4/08

Colton Where Are You???

Epic church as most of you know is a portable church. We meet in a gym at Pioneer middle school here in Hanford...sooooo...we set-up and tear-down every Sunday...this past Sunday as Darin and I were tearing down Brittani my 13 year old came to me with panic in her eyes to ask me where Colton her 9 year old brother was??? I said he's at the baseball diamond...she says no he isn't...his hat and his ball and glove are on the field and I can't find him anywhere...WHAT!!! Go get your dad and tell him...I'm sure he's here somewhere...Well little did I know what took place after that...Darin later told me that while I was clueless happily chatting, catching up with my fellow workers...He was on the search of his life scared to death because he could not find Colton anywhere...have no fear he found him after a considerable amount of time sitting in the shade contemplating life...(he gets that from me) Darin of course scolded him with a tear in his eye and Colton realized the importance of what he had mistakenly done...later that evening putting colton to bed I decided it was a good time to go over once more what we had told him to NEVER do again...and expressed to him how it would be a horrible life changing...we would want to die... if he were to ever be taken from us...and I was shocked at how surprised he was at this reality...he went down the list of important people in his life and had to know if they would feel the same and I assured him this would be so...he hugged me tight with what seemed to be a thankful tear in his eye and promised he would never ever do that again...
Lord help us to always be able to communicate to Colton how important he is in this life...thank you for my son...

4 comments:

DonnaG said...

Colton: If anything were to ever happen to you, I would want to die also. And please don't think that because we aren't "family" that we wouldn't all be severely affected.

I am sooooo glad that you are ok. You are a sweetie and a gem to your parents.

Donna (Jacob's Mom)

DonnaG said...

PS.... I am going to take this opportunity as a prompt to sit with my kids and go over safety things. They are getting older, so responsibilities and privileges are increasing.

Brandi said...

Thanks Donna!!!

Diana said...

I can't even imagine how scary that would be. Thankfully he was just fine!