8/1/08

Coffee Talk Chit-Chat Captivating Ch. 4

Ch. 4 Wounded

pg. 61
Women learn from their mothers what it means to be a woman, and from their fathers the value that a woman has, the value they have as a woman.

My parents did it right...I've been loved unconditionally by both of them. Treated with respect...learned self worth, value of self and how to be a woman in every way and how not to be as a woman...Thanks mom and dad! Looking back I'm so thankful for all you have taught me...I love you very much!!!

But here's the thing...LIFE happens and sometimes...in fact a lot of times shapes us in a way that I know my parents did not have a part in...some good...some bad...but when Christ comes into our lives He begins to shape us into what He created us to be from conception...He heals our wounds and gives us purpose...yes we ALL have purpose...and if you aren't sure what that purpose is...I suggest you ask Him...look around you see where He has placed you in your life...I read the last line in this chapter over and over again...it is sooooo true...Remember you ARE this woman...God has already made you with all the tools you need to be who He created you to be...I believe our wounds are one of the destroyers tools to keep us distracted from all God has intended for us to have and be...the last line says this...
pg.75
The wounds you have received have come to you for a purpose from one who knows all you are meant to be and fears you.
Oh man...and lets have more grace with each other as women...look beyond the circumstance and realize there could be so much more behind peoples personalities, temperaments and attitudes...the stories in this chapter were heart breaking and inspired me to look beyond what's in front of me and pray that God helps me to be more gracious and merciful to the women around me and not only the ones that I know...the checker at the grocery store, the woman in front of me with more than 15 items in the quick check line, the teller at the bank, the dominating room mother...

Lord help us to be all you created us to be...thank You for creating me with purpose...and showing me grace that I will never deserve...help me to live by Your example and not fight for my rights so much...even when they seem justified...help me to put my self aside and to continuously put your purpose ahead of my own...Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I read all of the examples of ways that women have been wounded by the very people that are supposed to be their #1 advocates I am deeply saddened. It's sad that I can substitute the name of each woman wit someone I know or have known. But it is hopeful for me to know that God can and will heal if only we allow Him!!!
I pray Dear God that we seek your healing, that we allow your love, Grace and healing power to wash over us like a clean river...Amen

I am also afraid to think that my very own students are being wounded under my nose and in my present lifetime, right now! This is so haunting and so as this new year is about to unveil I pray that God you can use me to be a warm and comforting light in this abyss of darkness for your children that need it...Amen

Friends, please keep me in your prayers because the job is difficult but if God put me there I have faith that he will equip me with the necessary weapons.
Josie