8/1/08

A Great Idea!!!

I love this idea...I pasted it here from this blog:
http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/ that I was told about last night and that I am completely loving!!! Thanks Beth!!!


I wanted to tell you about a cooking club that I am a member of. It saves me time and money because I am less likely to eat out and more likely to plan ahead and try and match my dish to coupons or sales. Also, it gives my family a chance to try foods and recipes that we might not otherwise try.
We have 8 busy moms who are members of our cooking club. Each month they have the option to participate or not. Each member makes a main dish for all the other participating families and freezes it (and usually keeps one for her family). We meet in someone’s garage to swap and go home with fully-stocked freezers of ready to thaw and reheat meals that are great for those super busy days.
We also did a side dish exchange this month, too. I made beans and received a dozen fresh ears of corn (a member’s family owns a local farm), cheesy potatoes, and twice baked potatoes. We have done soup groups, brunch groups (so we all have non-burnt toast on Mother’s Day!), sweet groups (for entertaining around the holidays) and appetizer groups (for New Years or Super Bowl time).


Anybody up for it???

1 comment:

Diana said...

That's an interesting idea. Lots of work making all those dishes, but it would be nice taking home so much, too.